This recipe makes about 4 bowls.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 avocados
- 1 english cucumber (sliced)
- 3 carrots (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (shredded) OR pickled ginger
- 1/4 mayo (use veganaise to make this recipe vegan)
- 1 teaspoon siracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Soy sauce (to taste)
- Cook rice according to directions on package (usually 1 part rice to 2 parts water).
- While rice is cooking, slice the cucumber, avocado and shred the carrots and ginger. Also, mix together the mayo and hot sauce to make your spicy mayo in a ziploc baggy and cut a small hole in the corner.
- Once rice is cooked, add the rice vinegar and fluff with fork. Add the rice to 4 bowls and top with the rest of your ingredients.
- Squeeze spicy mayo over top and top with sesame seeds. Add soy sauce as needed.