- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and place liners in your muffin pan.
- Grab a microwave safe bowl and melt the coconut oil.
- Add in maple syrup, flax eggs, mashed banana, almond milk and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add in dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Swirl dry ingredients together on top before combining with the rest of the mixture. (This will save you from using two mixing bowls!)
- Add in chocolate chips if you are using them and spoon batter into muffin liners.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the tops are spongey to the touch. You’re going to want to eat these right away but try to resist the urge and let them cool for about 10 minutes before eating.