This recipe makes about 4 bowls.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 avocados
- 1 english cucumber (sliced)
- 3 carrots (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (shredded) OR pickled ginger
- 1/4 mayo (use veganaise to make this recipe vegan)
- 1 teaspoon siracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Soy sauce (to taste)
- Cook rice according to directions on package (usually 1 part rice to 2 parts water).
- While rice is cooking, slice the cucumber, avocado and shred the carrots and ginger. Also, mix together the mayo and hot sauce to make your spicy mayo in a ziploc baggy and cut a small hole in the corner.
- Once rice is cooked, add the rice vinegar and fluff with fork. Add the rice to 4 bowls and top with the rest of your ingredients.
- Squeeze spicy mayo over top and top with sesame seeds. Add soy sauce as needed.
Such a warm and toasty dish for a cozy autumn day.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet or cooking onions
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 apples
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat and add diced onions. While onions are cooking, slice celery into small pieces and add them to the pot. Then, dice up both apples and add them in as well.
- Once the onion, celery and apples are tender, add in tomato paste, can of crushed tomatoes (juices too) and 1 cup of vegetable broth. Cover with lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in drained and well rinsed beans and all the spices (cinnamon, cumin, cayenne pepper and garlic powder).
- Continue to cook on medium low heat for a few more minutes before serving.
- Serve with a warm multigrain bun or toast. YUM.
*This can be made ahead of time and then put in the crockpot on the “keep warm” setting.